Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wake up Calls...

Well today got off to completely the wrong start! So I woke up at 5 am this morning. Umm yeah, slightly early for those of you playing along with the home version. So I decided to roll over and close my eyes and wait for my wonderful alarm to go off like it always does at 6:45 this morning. Then 2 times around the snooze dial, wake up, shave, shower, and head to work. My alarm on my phone is Summon the Heroes by John Williams. Well at 6:45 this morning Summon the Heroes did not play. That is because no alarm was set last night. Yesterday I got a call at 6:30 in the morning before my alarm and I turned off the recurring alarm. Who the hell calls at 6:30 in the morning. I live close to work, hence I don’t get up at the ass crack of daylight. Anyhow back to today’s misadventure.

Since Summon the Heroes didn’t wake my up promptly after 2 trips around the snooze at 6:45/7:03 am my body decided to wake me up at 7:54, which ironically is exactly one hour after snooze button #1. So in a panic, well pseudo panic, because I really didn’t care less either way, I rushed in the shower despite taking one the evening before, got dressed and came to work promptly (late) at 8:35. So no shave this morning. Well apparently here I sit many hours later and someone forgot to tell my brain that it was time to get up. I feel like I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in left field in a foggy haze today. How ironic, today’s weather is another balmy day with high in the lower regions of hell!

So other then that misadventure I think I am hanging in there. I am a little pissed about the bank and their not so prompt posting of very important payments (student loan, cell phone bill) and their extreme promptness at posting little inconsequential things (soda, lunch.) The payments I made on Wednesday and Thursday took all the way until Last night to post, and the little shit I bought on Monday already posted…I just don’t see the logic here, well I see the logic, but I don’t understand it. I am going to have to call them up and have another WTF (Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot) moment with them I think!

Christine had a flood yesterday at her apartment. I am glad to hear that everything, well most everything is ok. I know you want to be out of your place now, only 11 more days baby, you can make it until then. Her best friend leaves tonight too for, as she puts it, an undetermined amount of time. She (Genevieve) is moving to Belgium. I know the two have had some disagreements in the past, but it is still your best friend leaving. I have known Genevieve for a couple of years myself and we have had some really great times together! So everyone go and give Christine mucho love and support today.

Well enough outta me for now. I have got to get back to payroll.

Catch ya’ll on the flipside, fosheezy to da heezey and all that good stuff!

No comments: