Wednesday, July 05, 2006

9 months and 1 day...

The return of The LOUD Tour?

It’s a topic of debate…Everything is up in the air…

Much has changed for me in a years time. My silence needed to come for a reason. I just needed a nice long break. It took many many years to reach full “rock star” status. The time away has been more welcome and more fulfilling than the combined experiences of the past few years…

The LOUD Tour isn’t necessarily my life, just one facet of it. It was a name and a face I made for myself, it was something people enjoyed for a while, and eventually I took it all away suddenly and without warning. It was out of necessity for my own sanity…

I continued a different version of The LOUD Tour elsewhere, many of my friends have been following me on it since I started it. It was a getaway and a release for me. It sure has been an incredible ride and I sure made a lot of other great friends along the way. That part of me will continue…

But to return or not to return…there is a history there…many great memories and many bad ones. The itch is always there, and the talent will never go away, but am I capable of really doing the things that I did before? I have spent many years dedicating myself 110% and I left because I was no longer capable of 110%. A whole lot more then talent goes in to dedicating 110%

I have all of the tools, skills, and talents necessary to be as good as I ever was. I lost the heart and the desire…After some soul searching here I think I may have found the answers I am looking for…now only one question remains…

Will The LOUD Tour ride again?

3 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

I LIKE TO KILL DEER.

Judy said...

um... is that some BD code? killing deer?
good to see words from you, hope you're doing okay Shawn!

Sara said...

Hey, it will be great to see you on the field again Shawn!

Even if we are on opposite sides of it this time around...you were a bright spot for me last summer and if not for you and a few other good people, I would have turned my back on the activity once again like I did after 1985.

See ya at the Renegades party when it's all over my friend, cuz you know we Renegades ALWAYS win the party!!!!

Later,
SLJ