Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Life and a few updates!

I know it has been a while since I did an actual post, but here goes! I think the last time I actually wrote a complete entry I was telling you about the plans for my birthday. Actually those plans changed completely and we ended up having a few friends over at my place and then going out for a bit instead of having this epic birthday bash at a club that I was originally planning. All seemed to work out for the best and everyone had a good time!

Speaking of my birthday, this is what I got for my present. I have never played hockey before, but I am learning. Lucky for me I am athletically inclined and can play most sports reasonably well. Once I learn the skills I think I'll be able to play just fine. In fact today I am going to skate for the first time, I'll let you know how that goes!


Happy Birthday Shawn!, originally uploaded by fleurdelys79.

She also bought me a pro account for my Flickr photos, so now I can upload more photos per month. This gives me the chance to get back to taking pictures again. We have two fairly good digital cameras, so it's about time that we really put them to good use.

I'm also in the middle of a lot of video ideas as well. I'm trying to decide which direction I really want to go with it. The music videos I am fine with, but it's the identity of the show itself which could use some help. My next video idea is actually a parody of myself! I am going to write this show down instead of making it up as I go along. I think if I am more organized it will be a better show, especially with the editing skills that I have now!

Oh and then there is drum corps. I haven't talked about it in a while, and that is because I really do need a break when the season is over. It is something that I need these days, the chance to unplug for a few months before getting back into anything. These days it is a bit different for me because I am not on the inside. I also have to change corps because of immigration issues. It is hard to let go of a corps that I have put in so much time and effort with, but at the same time I know that I am not gone forever. This year I am helping friends of mine bring back a corps that has been missing from the circuit for the past several years. If all goes well this season then the corps should be set up for future success.

So that's about it for now...I promise I'll update again soon!

No comments: