Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Zen at Lunch...

First of all let me start of by saying it is hot as a mofo outside today. When I went to lunch it was 87 degrees with a heat index of 97 degrees, and it is only getting hotter today. Finally cranked up the AC at the apartment because the heat was simply getting unbearable. Even with AC living on the 3rd floor means that no matter what you try to do to keep cool, you are just going to have to live with being hot. But enough of my rant on heat, on to today's post.

Well the title might lead you to belive that my lunch experience today was pretty deep, when in all actuality it really wasnt. I walked up to get a sandwich in the hades like weather then went over to a park accross the street to eat it. I was a different experience for me because normally I would just bring lunch back here to my office and have a ho-hum boring hour with nothing but me and the desk I have been sitting behind for the last 4 hours. So needless to say, getting away for a while helps. From the park I walked down the street to a place called Ritas to get some shaved ice. This stuff is awesome! I had the bananna split flavor which has chocolate chips and cherry pieces in it. Mmmmmmmm Yummy! After that I walked around the business park here eating my shaved ice. Yes folks not very eciting let me tell you.

During all of this not once did I think about work, not once did I think about drum corps, not once did I think about things I have to do at home tonight. In fact I would venture to say that I didn't have one single thought in my head at all. So it was a relaxing lunch indeed. Normally it's shovel in food and get back to work. I know that kind of pace sucks, but it's the nature of my business and the nature of my job. At least it's never boring around here!

So have I bored enough of you folks out there with my every day routine and life? I know people read these things for the human interest stories, unfortunately you have tuned into my life at a fairly uninteresting time. Consider this your one and only warning...this is likely to be the only calm before the storm that will be happening over the next two months. Things should be very interesting in all areas. Until next time...

No comments: